Group life insurance is normally offered through your employer or employer group.
- Normally payroll deducted
- Normally Term Life based
- Normally has premiums based on an age range.
- 40 – 45 year olds one price
- 45 – 50 another price
Coverage normally lasts while you are employed by the offering group. Coverage normally terminates when you are no longer working for that employer, voluntarily or un-voluntarily.
Many plans will not offer a conversion option to a permanent plan at retirement or termination.
Many employer groups will pay for some or all of the cost for this coverage.
What are the common reasons for purchasing a Group Life Insurance Policy?
- Usually no exam is required.
- Can provide for loss of income at a death to your family.
- Can pay off debt or obligations.
- Affordable protection when you need it the most.
- When you are young, you may be the least likely to die, however; if you do, you have the most to lose! Loss of income for your family and large debts to pay off.
- It is very easy to obtain, normally just a quick form.
Who should buy Group Life?
- If your employer is paying the premium, everyone should accept the coverage.
- If it is cheaper than a term life this may be an alternative.
- If you have health problems you should for sure buy this policy.
Who should not buy Group Life?
If you want to make 100% sure that your coverage will be in force when ever you die, even if 105 years old, a group life may not be a good option for you. Most estate planning scenarios do not work well with group life. If you know your family’s history is less than ideal, you may want to consider a more permanent policy.
If you feel your job will be unstable you may want to lock in a policy that you own so you don’t lose it with your loss of employment.
Ask A Quick Question?
Send us a Message
Phone: (858) 858-4690
Cell: (619) 980-7263
Toll Free: (888) 354-3364
Invitations for application for life insurance on InsuranceQuoteSanDiego.com are made through Life Masters Insurance Services, Insurance Marketing Solutions or through its designated agent, Christopher T. Wilson, only where licensed and appointed..
Christopher T. Wilson’s California license number is 0B54068